The books can be math-oriented, yet you may find it great for a computer scientist. Examples:
- Graph Theory
- Design & Analysis of Algorithm
- Theory of Computation / Computational Complexity Theory
Please devote each answer to books of the same subject (e.g. books on combinatorics).
Note: The title might be misleading. Here's a clarification: Let X and Y be two fields in computer science. There are books that everyone
- in field X should read.
- in field Y should read.
- in both fields should read.
This question seeks all 3 cases. In other words, it is NOT specific to the latter case.
Edit: As suggested by Dai Le, please highlight the reason(s) you like the book as well.
- References for TCS proof techniques
- Books on automata theory for self-study
- Books for probability
- Favorite popular math book
- Beginner's guide to derandomization
- References on circuit lower bounds
- Survey article on the theory of recursive functions
- Books on Programming Language Semantics
- What are the recent TCS books whose drafts are available online
- Books on probability